Thursday, March 8, 2007

Instant Classic

It usually takes me a few hours to wind down from any broadcast. It's the nature and the beauty of what we do for a living as broadcasters...last night, I was still wired and wide awake at 2 a.m. It was one of the most enjoyable regular season games of my career.

So many images running through my mind, over and over...Mike Brown running off the floor figuring he had the game won, LeBron's "you can't stop me look" in his eye (which WILL eventually take this team to greatness because he will refuse to lose). His air compressing block of Rip Hamilton's lay-up...Z's fling-it-in the basket rescue shot...and on and on...

But maybe the most heartening images were those of the guys on the bench, wanting the win so badly they could taste it...Damon Jones, instead of feeling sorry for himself with his lack of current playing time, giving suggestions to Mike Brown at his clipboard...Mike welcoming that, and then DJ transferring the message to King James and the guys on the floor....That is bunker mentality to its fullest, and to see it at The Palace against a battle tested team made the whole evening special...I wish all of you could have been in my shoes last night to witness it...

I'm not saying the Cavs are going to the NBA Finals, but that was a growth game last night...let's see how they build upon it....LeBron has to...doing what he did last night merely feeds into his belief that he can will his team to victory when he has to...

Z said it best...LeBron was "unguardable"...I would say indescribable...

See you Saturday night from Milwaukee...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey with that confidence building win against Detriot I personally would not count the Cavs out of an apperance into the NBA Finals. The Cavs showed us last night that they can contend with the best of them.. with the King almost singlehandedly dethrowing the Mavs and the emotional win over the Pistons.