Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Standing Ovation

Indeed, “way to go Joe!" He’s always been one to follow for me as he spent a lot of time with me in my early Cleveland broadcast days and never forgot me when I continued my career. I vividly remember lunches on the road with he and Bill Fitch...a lot of brain power to tap into during those discussions, that is once I stopped laughing at their stories.

Only Al McCoy of the Phoenix Suns has been with one team longer, and he is a Curt Gowdy award Winner in the basketball Hall of Fame. Joe will soon follow. He’s still as good as there is! We’ll all stand and give “The Great Tait” a standing ovation tonight.

As for the game, Chris Paul is scary good. I watched him again last night and for my money, he’s the best in the game at the position because he really has no weakness. It’s splitting hairs with Tony Parker, Steve Nash and Deron Williams as to who is the best at the point, but this guy is the entire package, now that his jump shot is so deadly. He’s also become even more of a verbal leader this season. Devin Brown, who played with Paul last year, Williams the season before and Parker prior to that, won’t pick sides, but he does say Paul was motivated last summer when he heard all the Deron Williams talk as being the best when the Jazz made it to the Western finals. Thus, he put even more time into working on his game. Paul, like LeBron, makes all of his teammates better and tonight will be a treat to watch those two guys go at it.

See you tonight on FSN...

No comments: