Saturday, February 10, 2007

Speaking of Sasha...

It's been fun to watch Sasha Pavlovic develop into a serious contributor of late....he does take the Cavs up a notch when he scores as he has, and plays the kind of defense he has displayed....even last night in some possessions against Dwyane Wade he held his own with his strength...

Sasha is not terribly fond of post game interviews...partly because of his English (which he speaks very well I might add), but mainly I don't think he wants to be the center of attention...Sasha began speaking English in school in 5th grade...and he says he always got good grades in Serbia and Montenegro, schools don't give traditional A-B-C grades...but rather 1-5...with 5 being the highest....Sasha says he always got a 5 in English...Heck...I would have taken a 5 in school...

Sasha also says he knew he had sorta arrived as a master of the language, when he started having dreams, IN ENGLISH....and no longer in Serbian...he smiled when I asked him about being a crowd favorite....he brushed it off, saying he just tries to play hard all the time...and that he has been doing...playing the best basketball of his NBA career..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, someone has to step up from the bench and contribute to take this team to the next level. Sasha and Gibson hopefully could be just that.

Anonymous said...

hello... I am from Serbia too and thanks for those beautiful things you said about Sasha. He is a good player and a hard worker. And I was wondering in the first part of the season, why hadn't he played more? Because, this is his third season and it is time to explode. I must admit I expected the trade but now is everything ok. Hope he'll be better and better and help Cavs reach the sky! Thanks once again!
Nebojsa, Belgrade