Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Down the Stretch

Just to prove NBA players enjoy souvenirs too, the Cavs all signed a bunch of basketballs, so each player could get two balls signed by the whole team...some guys keep 'em as mementos of the season, others may give them to a family member or a friend...I would imagine David Wesley and Donyell have quiet a collection of personal memorabilia from the teams they've played on, not to mention the 27 years combined in the league...

Tonight is heart awareness night at The Q, with the Cavs Better Halves, the driving force behind this project, along with Larry Hughes, who will be the spokesman in a brand new public service announcement...heart awareness thundersticks will be handed out as well tonight...this will become an even bigger initiative next season...

See you at 8 on FSN...

The Cavs hope to stay in their rut one more game...that is win-lose-win-lose, etc...they have done this 11 games in a row, alternating wins and losses...that's one shy of a team record (now this is a new category I never knew existed....and no, I did not look this one up myself...If I did, I know, I would need a life)

I think Chicago will lose one more...NJ, the final game, will be the key...if the Nets have something to play for, then, that will be a tough one for the Bulls to get at the Meadowlands...I still say 50 is the magic number for the 2 seed...(I know you've heard that already)

All that being said...the Cavs still have to go out and take care of their own business, winning the final four games which they will be expected to win...

Z said today there are no plans for any playoff beards...although he added, he thinks he's probably the only one on the team who can truly grow a big time beard...(that was evident last spring)

See you tomorrow night on FSN....

No comments: